Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend felt fairly productive.

I was able to FINALLY make a siggy block for Sunni/Stash Bee. We decided to make these after I had already sent in my block, so mine is coming in a tad late.



I caught up on my blocks for Sew. Happy. Quilt. QAL! Thank goodness! I hate getting behind!




I got all my charms cut for the I Spy Charm Swap.




And I reached 100 followers! Can I get a WHAT! WHAT!? So, I may have been doing a little planning and sketching for the giveaway. :) I have to make a zipper pouch for Mouthy Stitches, so why not make an extra one?



Ok, I know some of you don' care about what goes on in my personal life, so you can stop reading now. If you want to see what else I did this weekend (besides laundry. I spared you the pictures of that!), read on!

We started out with a nice walk. Brent has Fridays off work which means every weekend is a three day weekend! It gives us time to do those fun family things that a lot of people don't have time for with only two days off.



Brent and I went on our first date SANS baby! We met up with a couple of our close friends for some super duper yummy Olive Garden. I ate WAY too much then got dessert. :)





This is my friend Christi. She just started a creative writing blog. Psh. English majors.



Brent and I are the directors for the Saturday Night Gathering at our church. I love going on Saturday night because it's finished in time for us to still go out afterwards AND I get to sleep in on Sunday mornings! Normally, Brent is on stage, rocking out with his electric guitar, but this week he got to be with us for worship so he stole my baby and danced and sang with her. It was really sweet. I wanted to share.



And that about wraps it up. We got a lot done! The only bad things about this weekend was little Miss Mazer's teeth hurting. Poor baby. I think she may have an ear infection too, so I am taking her to the doctor today. Cross your fingers for us that she doesn't!!

I also want to share with you this awesome new contest that's going on over at Ellison Lane. She has officially launched a modern mini quilt/mug rug contest with lots of great prizes for winners from Fat Quarter Shop. You should pop over and check it out. I, unfortunately, will not be participating since I need to learn to say 'no' occasionally, but you should! It looks like lots of fun!

Modern Mini Challenge


Danny

6 comments:

  1. LOVE your cardigan! so so adorable. looks like a great weekend!!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your signature block is very pretty! I like that fabric you are cutting for the swap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those photos are so cute - you guys look so happy! Love the siggy block. Love the sound of the typewriter zippy pouch giveaway...congrats on your 100 plus followers - totally deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a busy weekend! Congrats on 100 followers! What a great milestone to hit. Congrats also on the date night! Those can sometimes be few and far between, for me at least, so it's always super nice when you find a babysitter! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo, a zippy pouch sounds fun. i'm glad your weekend was great girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blocks look great! I like the tape measure fabric.

    Your church service sounds awesome. I wish we had a Saturday evening service.

    Olive Garden...mmmmmmmm. Went there on my birthday this summer and it was yummy. :)

    Congrats on 100 followers!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Seriously. I love them.

Related Posts Plugin