Thursday, January 19, 2012

Broccoli Cheddar Soup

Broccoli Cheddar Soup from Chef in Training.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
2 cups water
2 cups heavy cream
4 cups chicken broth
1 (16 oz) package frozen chopped broccoli (you can add more if you like)
Salt and Pepper TT
8 oz. Velveeta Cheese
1 (8 oz) bag sharp cheddar cheese

Directions:
Mix water and heavy cream together and set aside.
Melt butter and flour together to form a roux. Slowly add in heavy cream/water mixture stirring constantly. Add in chicken broth still stirring. Let simmer for 20-25 minutes to let the soup thicken up.
Add in broccoli and cook over low heat for an additional 20-25 minutes to continue to thicken soup as well as cook and soften the broccoli.
Sample and add salt and pepper to taste.
Cut 8 oz. Velveeta into cubes and drop into soup and stir until melted. Add in sharp cheddar and stir until blended.



Ok. This is what mine looked like. If I'm being honest, I'm not the biggest fan of Broccoli Cheddar Soup, but for some reason I was really craving it. I've tried some other recipes from this site that I've really loved, so I thought I would give this a try. It was pretty flipping amazing as Broccoli soups go. I might make this every once in a while, but if I am making Broccoli Cheddar, this is the recipe I am using. Even my husband who HATES broccoli (but I make hime eat it anyways!) said this soup was "pretty good". So there you have it. Try it out and let me know how you like it. And stop by Chef in Training sometime and try out their stuff. I haven't been disappointed yet!

Danny

1 comment:

  1. that look super yummy, broccoli cheese super is my favorite!!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Seriously. I love them.

Related Posts Plugin