Friday, January 6, 2012

Sew Happy Geek QAL Blocks

Yesterday was spent rolling on the ground, punching Mr. Never-Fall-Down Penguin, bouncing and eating fake picnic food with my little Maze. I did not cook. I did not clean. I did not sew. It was a great day.

Last night, though, I took a quick dive into my mess of a sewing room to complete my two blocks for the Sew.Happy.Geek QAL.. I was having a hard time deciding which fabrics I should use. Should I do aqua and orange? The oh-so-popular aqua and red? Should I try something different and use lots of warm colors since I generally lean toward cooler ones? Should i use all solids??? The decision was too much, then I remembered I had 13 FQs sitting aside of Tailor Made from forever ago that I was sure I was never going to use as a collection, but I didn't have the heart to break up. The colors aren't as bright as I would like, but I really like a few of the prints, so they won! This quilt is going to be a play blanket for Mazer anyway, so it doesn't really matter which colors I use, right?



Woven Block. I really like Jennifer's version. SO much better than mine, but I'm okay with it because I'm just using up stash here! Plus. mine's going to be pooped and puked on. The drab colors are better for that!

Snowball Block with Tailor Made

Snowball Block. I actually really like the blue scissor print and this cute flower print. It has spools, scissors and little worms on it! These two prints are the reason I bought this set in the first place. Then Half Moon Modern came out and I had lots more scissor options and this set fell by the wayside.

I JUST got into my sewing room today and I am hoping to make some good headway. I love crossing things off my "To-Do" list! I've got a nice playlist going of Tegan and Sara, Rilo Kiley, and Death Cab for Cutie, a full cup of tea, and the hubster home to watch the baby! Wish me luck!


Danny

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness you're too much! I like your block - I think mine will be too similar once all the blocks are aqua, gray and white but hopefully it'll look okay - thanks for the shoutouy! Can't wait to see more of your blocks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like, I like! Im going to try to find the time to do this too. I think Im going to use some cherry fizz fabric I have... I love that line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blocks! The colors make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the blocks - I keep debating whether to join the QAL...I guess I should just buck up and pick out fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've decided there must be something about yours and Laura's blogs, you both keep dropping off my reader - grr! Anywho, great job on your blocks :o) I just finished mine tonight too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much for the kind words! I was scared people were going to see my blocks, think my colors weren't pretty enough, and stop following me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh i love death cab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally love the snowball block.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Seriously. I love them.

Related Posts Plugin