Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Quilter's Oasis

I came across a new store serendipitously. I was meeting a long-arm quilter who has taken on the task of quilting one of my many WIPs for me. I had never met her nor seen her work. I'm a bit of a risk-taker.

Anyway, she asked that we meet up at A Quilter's Oasis, a quilt shop not too terribly far from my house that I had never heard of before. The second I walked in I was shocked. I have NEVER found an LQS with ANY modern designers, and for those of you who know me well, know I have an unnatural obsession with knowing everything about designer fabric.

Quilter's Oasis

To the left, there is a GREAT collection of modern quilting books and notions, including a selection of Aurifil thread.

Quilter's Oasis

Quilter's Oasis

I spotted this delicious quilt in the front of the store. I just bought this line and have been pondering what to do with it! What a great example!

Quilter's Oasis

Bonnie and Camille (I can audibly hear Jennie sighing right now.)

Quilter's Oasis

If you're local to the East Valley, Phoenix, Arizona, USA, this shop is worth the visit.

A Quilter's Oasis
9963 E. Baseline Rd. Ste 105
Mesa, AZ 85209
website

Danny

11 comments:

  1. Oh that would be so dangerous for me! As for the fabric obsession, I'm just glad I'm not alone :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that Seuss quilt. Is there a pattern for that... or is it just a sample? I may have to make one. It doesn't look too hard, maybe just FQs and a background fabric. Love this store! Wish I had one like it near me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swoon...I wish I had that little gem down the street from me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel blessed to have a modern quilt shop nearby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness, I could seriously do some damage in that store! And are we supposed to see a picture of "Mel's Quilt"? Or is that just a teaser?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish my LQS was bigger! They really cater to people who love batiks (not me, unfortunately) and have exactly what I need when I go there, but its not a place that I would go to buy the fabric for an entire quilt. (Plus I'm too grad school poor for that. Thank goodness for fabric.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I fear coming across shops like this when I'm over. I'm going to be bankrupt when I go home, and so is Laura...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous shop! Damn my parents for not moving to America! =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. *Pouts* That's 12 hours away from here. That's no fair. I would love to spend an afternoon there looking through all the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So what is the cost of fabric by the yard in such places? I think i'll be chartering boat to go back home. Can you imagine what our camper van is going to look like when we finish our trip??? Are you sure you can't come north for a bit and join us when we're in your neck of the woods? https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=215012165566906627046.0004b577512b4baaad4be&msa=0&ll=34.755153,-111.956177&spn=2.834114,4.938354

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Seriously. I love them.

Related Posts Plugin