Monday, November 19, 2012

The Veil

I have the flu.

Yeah. My thoughts exactly.

Thankfully, Brent and Maze have already been inflicted so we should all be in tip-top shape for the Thanksgiving holiday later this week. And for those of you non-Americans who read my blog, this coming Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, is the BIGGEST shopping day of the year! Make sure you check out your favorite American online shops for smoking deals all weekend!

Now that's out of the way, I wanted to share with you a little (very little) about what's been going on. We were on vacation. Came home. Three broken computers. Commission projects. Illness. Beautiful weather. Bikes. Parks. Walks. One fixed computer. Broken SD/USB stick. More bikes. More parks. You get the idea. This is the best time of year here in Arizona and we've been taking full advantage!

So, I'm not dead. I haven't contracted some rare disease (knock on wood). I've just had some technology glitches that I haven't been in a huge hurry to fix because I'd rather be outside with my WALKING daughter!! Yup. You read right. She walks wobbles now.

But I braved the treacherous waters of the broken computer because I wanted to share something special with you I've been working on.

Angela's Veil

My friend Angela got married a couple months ago and asked me to make her veil for the wedding. I was completely nervous as I'd never made a veil before, but also completely honored that she would even think to include me in such a special way.

Angela's Bachelorette Party
Angela is the one in the blue dress.

Ordering

I took a couple pictures myself, but none of the finished veil (d'oh!) so I was extremely grateful to her very talented photographer cousin who took these pictures for me while she was getting ready.

Close-up of the bead work

Each bead was sewn on one at a time. I wanted this to be perfect! Plus, it gave me an excuse to sit on the couch and watch the entire Arrested Development series again. Bonus!

Angela's Veil

Angela's Veil

I took some pictures of the process in case there was interest in a tutorial. Let me know what you think. I'd be happy to tell you how I did it.

Danny

10 comments:

  1. Bleurgh! My flatmate has man flu. I'm sure yours is worse, he actually only has a bad cold ;o) Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you feel better soon! that veil is gorgeous, great job!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better soon...I had the flu over Thanksgiving a few years ago, not fun. Hope you're better in time to eat!

    And the veil is lovely, I wouldn't know where to begin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are ok. I was getting worried and was ready to email Di.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you arent feeling well:( I just made a birdcage veil for me friend's wedding last month! It was super fun and I feel so special to have been a part of her day in that way:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Danny! Hope you get better quickly (good hippy remedy is olive leaf extract ;o) ). Glad you haven't dropped off the face of the earth :o) - I've been meaning to email you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. bleh, feel better asap! enjoy that sunshine, i tried this weekend and OF COURSE it was overcast. yuck! i'm beaching it on Thanksgiving :) :)
    The veil is gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better, Danny! And that veil IS beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Seriously. I love them.

Related Posts Plugin