Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Halloween (albeit a little late)

I had high hopes of making a costume for Clara this year as all good sewing mommies do, but a busy fall meant no costume stitching for me! Maybe next year.

This year, she went as Snow White. We found this cute little costume on sale (score!) and were able to purchase and have it shipped to the house while we were on vacation. Admittedly, Halloween kind of snuck up on us this year.

Snow White Halloween

Snow White Halloween

I got very few pictures of her standing still. My mom gave her candy and she was bouncing off the walls.

Snow White Halloween
Finally I get one of her standing still, and she's crying. Figures.

I was determined to give her SOMETHING homemade for Halloween since I was such a jerk mommy and didn't make up her costume, so I decided to make her treat bag. I've actually been planning this one for a couple months. In September, I got the super awesome classic Jack-O-Lantern embroidery pattern from Echinops and Aster with high hopes of turning it into a treat bag...

A work in progress

As you can see, I didn't quite make it. I guess I'll just keep plugging along at it and use it for something next year. It's a great pattern.

So instead, she got this:

Halloween Treat Bag

Halloween Treat Bag

Made with the great ghost prints from the Cosmo Cricket Matilda line I found in the clearance bin of an AMAZING fabric store while visiting family this past month. Seriously, if you are ever in Fairview Heights, IL, you MUST look up Jackman Fabrics. It was fabulous.

Halloween was brief. We gathered treats from a couple houses (because mommy doesn't need extra candy and Clara can't really eat it yet) then we sat on our driveway passing out candy to the kiddos who came by. It was a nice night. Clara ate a couple pieces of chocolate and licked a whole bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos clean and thankfully, everything was over with by 8pm and we were able to go inside to watch our shows waiting for us on Hulu. I can't help but feel that next year will be much more tiring as I'm sure actual Trick-or-Treating will be expected.

And on a side note, if you haven't already, go out and VOTE! Today is your chance to let your voice be heard. Don't pass it up!

Danny

4 comments:

  1. Very sweet! All your crazy American OTT Halloween madness is catching on over here - I had to take 16 kids Trick or Treating - WTF!!!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Licked the Doritos clean? Nice, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's a perfect little Snow White! P.S. I also don't how most moms can have time to sew costumes, seriously!
    Your pumpkin is looking SO GREAT! This makes me so excited. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Seriously. I love them.

Related Posts Plugin