Sunday, June 17, 2012

Picture story weekend

This was an eventful weekend. Just as a warning, there was very little sewing.

Here come the pictures!

Christi bday

Friday started with my friend Christi's birthday. Christi is the one of the far left and I am the one on the far right. We thought it would be best to put the whitest people on the sides to kind of round everything out!

Danny and Christi

Christi and I

Amanda and Alicia

My new friends Amanda and Alicia. They were really sweet. Amanda is some kind of genius scientist and Alicia is an uber-talented choir instructor. Such amazing people! Our conversation kinda went like this:

Amanda: "Blah Blah Blah I'm an awesome research biologist."

Alicia: "Blah Blah Blah I'm an awesome choir teacher at multiple schools."

Christi: "Blah Blah Blah I'm an awesome writer and have a great eye for design."

Danny: ".... I can sew?"

Speaking of sewing, I was able to make a couple projects this weekend, one of which was gift for my grandparents.

Potholders

They love Scrabble, so when I came across this fabric, I knew I had to buy it for them. I just didn't know what I was going to make with it. Then it dawned on me: DUH! Grandpa LOVES to cook. So potholders it is. I'll get a tutorial set up soon to share with you, you know, just in case you don't want to follow one of the other thousand potholder tutorials online.

Later Friday night, Miss Maze learned to play the drums.

Rockband
Beatles RockBand



Rockband
Channeling her inner Ringo.


Rockband

Argh!

She also learned to pull herself up to standing, but she can't get down. She won't let go and fall on her butt so instead she just stands there and cries, waiting for someone to come to her rescue.

Sunday was Brent's first Father's Day. He spent the morning beating both Modern Warfare 3 and Lego Harry Potter on the xBox. How about THAT for a perfect Father's Day?! So, while he sat around, Maze and I went with my mom to see her dad in Casa Grande, which is about an hour drive from our house.

Clara

Grandparents

Generations.

He's the one who got the potholders.

Then, to round out the day, we headed back to the valley, picked up Brent and BBQ'd at my dad's parents' house. It was perfect. The pool was warm, the food was tasty and none of us got sunburned! SCORE!

swimming

So good. I love weekends filled with family and friends. Don't you?

Danny

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous weekend. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is sooo cute! I need to make me some new hot pads too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely - PS. sewing is way more fun than science, but I won't be telling my kids that until they leave school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danny, you look so young!!! What are you - about 16???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danny you are looking good, and Maze is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a super fun weekend! And that pool looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't be silly, you can sew AND create little people... (and not read maps ;o) )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great weekend! Does Maze know about Animal from the muppets yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like and awesome weekend! Maze's expressions are so funny! =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you are seriously gorgeous Danny! Maze is adorable too - but drums? You may regret that when she asks for a real drum kit ;o)
    You can sew? Maybe we can add you sew really awesome stuff and are really talented and have a wicked sense of humor?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your little one is so cute! She is just a little older than my little girl I believe. You look great too mamma! I caught your friend Amanda was a research biologist and I thought "ohhh I wonder what she does!?" I was a biochemical research technician in my "former" life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Kelly- she studies muscle development on the cellular level. She's pretty awesome! Danny- why didn't you give me a little photo editing? J/K I had so much fun gabbing with you girlies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just catching up on my blog reading - this is a lovely post! And don't do yourself down because you're a great mum and a wonderful sewer! We can't all be rocket scientists! We don't need a world full of rocket scientist.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What Danny forgot to say was: Blah, blah, blah, I was accepted to Yale University right out of high school. So there! You don't give yourself enough credit!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Seriously. I love them.

Related Posts Plugin