I've been MIA. Some of you have noticed. Most of you probably didn't care since you were off fiddle-farting around at Fat Quarter Retreat. I'm not jealous.
So, here's what's up.
- I've applied for a job. A wonderful job that would allow me to stay home with Miss Maze and still do what I love: teach! I won't get into the nitty-gritty since I've only just applied and they may look over my resume and toss it into the "another crazy lady" pile, but rest assured: should I get the job, I'm going to plaster my excitement all over the place!
- For those of you who follow my Twitter (oh yeah... I have one of those. I pinky swear I will get the blog cleaned up and updated sometime this season. Or next. By the end of the year, for sure), you will already know that I am now the proud mommy of a crawler. Here's the thing about Maze: she's the most content baby on the planet.
"I pooped? Really? Huh. Figured I would have smelled that."
"No thanks. I don't need toys. This carpet stain is enough entertainment for me."
"Sure. I'll sit and watch an entire movie with you. I'll just ask you to feed me after. No big deal."
Seriously. I didn't think she'd ever crawl because I couldn't ever find something enticing enough to give her cause. Binkies. Bottles. Senor Elefante. Mommy. Daddy. IPhone. IPhones. IPhones and IMac. Nada. I even tried a laser pointer. She was just too happy to play with something closer, like the wall. So even though I've heard lots of terrifying stories of how my life will never be the same once she crawls, I'm really looking forward to this new stage. I can't wait to see her exert her independence (and maybe go get her own freaking binkie if she's getting fussy!)
- Brent decided to clean up my computer, and by clean up, I mean delete my entire IPhoto library. My IPhoto library that is connected to my Flickr account. My IPhoto library that is connected to my Flickr account and thereby connected to my blog. Yup. You guessed it. I lost LOTS of blog pictures. Before I could forgive him, but after the initial meltdown, I had to realize they are just pictures. There are far greater evils in this world than that of the ICloud. So now I'm going to find a new way to save, upload and edit my images. Live and learn, right? He felt REALLY bad about it. He didn't do it on purpose, so I couldn't stay angry with him. If you want to be angry with him for inadvertently deleting important tutorial pictures, though, be my guest.
- Something really rad happened! I made a Blogger Bundle with Pink Castle Fabrics! It's called Koi Pond and it's pretty much the most awesome bundle available anywhere around. I need to get one, stat. What would you make with it? I'm looking for inspiration.
- VBS started this week and I have been chosen to coach the little tykes in soccer. Yowza! This is going to be an energetic week, to say the least. No doubt I will be needing some pool time once this is all over!
- I joined a blog hop! This one is the Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop hosted by Plum and June.
This week we will be hopping to:
Cinzia from Deux Petites Souris
Kristy from Quiet Play
Taryn from From Pixels to Patchwork
Em from Sewing by Moonlight
You can find all the links on Plum and June's page.
Did I mention there is a giveaway going on today? Hosted by none other than the wonderful Jennie from Clover and Violet! Check it out here.
I'm sure I could bore you with a thousand other little meaningless things I've done (scrubbing hairspray off the bathroom counter, anyone?) but I'll leave those to your imagination. All this rambling to say that I've been heck-a busy of late.
If you are not busy, or you are down for becoming more busy, check out my plea for pillowcases here.