Tuesday, June 5, 2012

And where have YOU been, Missy??

I feel like I've been out digging a ditch all week, barefoot, and have just raced home only to still be late for curfew. Know what I mean?

I've been MIA. Some of you have noticed. Most of you probably didn't care since you were off fiddle-farting around at Fat Quarter Retreat. I'm not jealous.

So, here's what's up.

- I've applied for a job. A wonderful job that would allow me to stay home with Miss Maze and still do what I love: teach! I won't get into the nitty-gritty since I've only just applied and they may look over my resume and toss it into the "another crazy lady" pile, but rest assured: should I get the job, I'm going to plaster my excitement all over the place!

- For those of you who follow my Twitter (oh yeah... I have one of those. I pinky swear I will get the blog cleaned up and updated sometime this season. Or next. By the end of the year, for sure), you will already know that I am now the proud mommy of a crawler. Here's the thing about Maze: she's the most content baby on the planet.

"Oh, you aren't going to warm my food or my bottle? M'kay."
"I pooped? Really? Huh. Figured I would have smelled that."
"No thanks. I don't need toys. This carpet stain is enough entertainment for me."
"Sure. I'll sit and watch an entire movie with you. I'll just ask you to feed me after. No big deal."


Seriously. I didn't think she'd ever crawl because I couldn't ever find something enticing enough to give her cause. Binkies. Bottles. Senor Elefante. Mommy. Daddy. IPhone. IPhones. IPhones and IMac. Nada. I even tried a laser pointer. She was just too happy to play with something closer, like the wall. So even though I've heard lots of terrifying stories of how my life will never be the same once she crawls, I'm really looking forward to this new stage. I can't wait to see her exert her independence (and maybe go get her own freaking binkie if she's getting fussy!)

- Brent decided to clean up my computer, and by clean up, I mean delete my entire IPhoto library. My IPhoto library that is connected to my Flickr account. My IPhoto library that is connected to my Flickr account and thereby connected to my blog. Yup. You guessed it. I lost LOTS of blog pictures. Before I could forgive him, but after the initial meltdown, I had to realize they are just pictures. There are far greater evils in this world than that of the ICloud. So now I'm going to find a new way to save, upload and edit my images. Live and learn, right? He felt REALLY bad about it. He didn't do it on purpose, so I couldn't stay angry with him. If you want to be angry with him for inadvertently deleting important tutorial pictures, though, be my guest.



- Something really rad happened! I made a Blogger Bundle with Pink Castle Fabrics! It's called Koi Pond and it's pretty much the most awesome bundle available anywhere around. I need to get one, stat. What would you make with it? I'm looking for inspiration.

- VBS started this week and I have been chosen to coach the little tykes in soccer. Yowza! This is going to be an energetic week, to say the least. No doubt I will be needing some pool time once this is all over!

Plum and June

- I joined a blog hop! This one is the Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop hosted by Plum and June.

This week we will be hopping to:

June 5
Cinzia from Deux Petites Souris
Kristy from Quiet Play

June 7
Taryn from From Pixels to Patchwork
Em from Sewing by Moonlight

You can find all the links on Plum and June's page.

Did I mention there is a giveaway going on today? Hosted by none other than the wonderful Jennie from Clover and Violet! Check it out here.

I'm sure I could bore you with a thousand other little meaningless things I've done (scrubbing hairspray off the bathroom counter, anyone?) but I'll leave those to your imagination. All this rambling to say that I've been heck-a busy of late.

If you are not busy, or you are down for becoming more busy, check out my plea for pillowcases here.

Danke.

Danny

14 comments:

  1. Good luck with the job! Sounds perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiddle Farting has to be the best phrase I've heard all week! Enjoy your business (as in being busy, not as in Mommyforreals Inc - I can't spell today!) and good luck with the job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way too busy recovering from Retreat to say anything sarcastic - that is how tired I am xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your photos! I use IPhoto to organize my pics on my computer, but I actually upload them physically to flickr as well so that I have them saved in two spots. I wasn't aware of how ICloud works, but my laptop is also about 3 years old. I love your bundle too! I think being asked to design your own FQ bundle officially qualifies as "making it" in the blog biz ;) (as opposed to being "made" which involves lots of covert mafia stuff)! Congrats! You can tell Brenda that if she ever needs another bundle designed I might be available! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bundle is just fabulous!! Also fun that your little girl is crawling now. Every change of stage is so much fun. Not so fun about your pictures, though. Good luck with the mini kickers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really sorry about your pictures! I've accidently lost most of my design portfolio, so I know how it feels! Good luck on the job, it sounds like a great opportunity. Your bundle looks fantastic, I *love* the color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. post went out today - love that blogger bundle! yayyyyyy for maze!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a gorgeous bundle!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm intrigued and will wait to hear of your announcement of the job, once you get it. Yeah for Miss Maze...now she'll have calluses on her knees...or maybe she'll go straight to walking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes I'll be mad at him on your behalf and shake my fist with the narrowed eyebrows too!
    Hahahaha Maze sounds so crazy!
    Awesome looking bundle...some cool summer themed items for sure...table stuff.....summer party stuff....maybe the odd mini...=D

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog. Feel free to stop by and enter (if you haven't already) =D
    http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/official-150th-post-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH NO, the pictures! I am a picture hoarding freak...I don't even delete my camera cards, and back my pictures up twice...and I keep all the blurry ones too...wow, this got embarrassing fast...anyway, I'm sorry! I would probably cry...

    Good thing you have that pretty bundle to cheer you up, and a crawling girl, fun! I envy your content baby though, my first followed me everywhere and walked at 10 months...whew!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh you're totally going on the crazy lady pile ;o) Oh, and seriously, get a backup drive, they cost peanuts these days!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you're back! I've been MIA (hence why I'm only reading this now!) but I'd say your reasons are waaaaay more exciting. Best of luck with the job (sounds perfect) and awesome bundle - I need one too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Seriously. I love them.

Related Posts Plugin