Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My Contributions - Stitch Tease Bee

I don't have great pictures of these blocks, mostly because I was down to the wire while making them and had to snap a pic quickly before getting them ready to mail out!! But here they are, none-the-less:

Di asked for words. I chose "read" because we like to talk about books we've read whenever we get together. The text is meant to look like typewriter font.

Stitch Tease - Di

Stitch Tease - Di
Annabella wanted something with curves. I'm awful with curves, so I appliquéd circles onto the block. They look a little like bubbles. I like it!
Stitch Tease - Annabella
Dianne asked for pinwheels in pink and green. This block admittedly gave me some trouble. I don't like planning things out. I'd rather just go for it and that just wasn't working out with this block!! It turned out great, though, and her quilt top is beautiful!
Stitch Tease - Dianne
Hadley had a laundry list of dos and don'ts, but basically she wanted squares and rectangles in bright colors and random white pieces interspersed. I loved this strip. It was easy for me to put these colors together and the finished product was great!
Stitch Tease - Hadley
Katy gave us a fabric to base our appliquéd blocks on. I chose to do a little robot standing on a planet. I totally forgot to use my signature fabric on this block so I had to quickly add some buttons to the robot with my fabric!!
Stitch Tease - Katy

Stitch Tease - Katy

Stitch Tease - Katy
Susan asked for scrappy background with white stars. I didn't take a picture of my block alone since I put together her quilt top. I was lucky to have a playdate the day after I finished it so I had someone to hold it up for me!!
Finished Quilt for Susan

Finished Quilt for Susan
Helen asked for bright, wonky stars on a Kona Ash background. I LOVED this one too! I lost the pictures I took of this block, but here is the teaser picture I sent Helen. You can see the whole quilt top on her blog. It's pretty dreamy.
Creating
And that's it. I had so much fun getting to know these ladies over the past year. I'm sad I won't be able to continue with them onto round two, but I can't wait to see what they make!

It's kind of refreshing to show you all this! It's proof that all that time I was quite, I really was sewing!! I just couldn't show you.

Danny

8 comments:

  1. Oooo! You got better photos of my quilt than I did. You made terrific blocks for everyone. So pleased you were in the bee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just smiling at Maze's total disinterest at what was going on behind her! Lovely blocks Danny - we shall miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for my lovely block Danny, and the extra pinwheel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect blocks and you are do right about proving you haven't been sitting idle the last year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh, we knew you were sewing :oD Love my wee bot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fab idea and amazing quilts, well done to all of you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blocks, and the toddlers puddling about without a care worst your friend holds the quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Seriously. I love them.

Related Posts Plugin